Podcasts and Newsletters
Love the Land PodcastsWelcome to the Love the Land Podcast brought to you by the Texas Grazing Land Coalition. We host conversations with the most innovative thought leaders surrounding the efforts to conserve Texas rangelands.
- Episode 8 - A Conversation with David Kitner - June 22, 2023 - David Kitner has been involved in ranch management for over 40 years. Since his arrival at Killam Ranch in 2001, he has made many changes. What once was an over-stocked, over-grazed, over-hunted ranch has been transformed by his management. His strong work ethic and honest, principled business practices have earned him recognition around the state as an excellent ranch manager and individual. He has an extensive background in both wildlife and cattle management, as well as range management, which he has put to good use. The ranch was awarded the Lone Star Land Steward Award in 2010, and David was named the Outstanding Conservation Rancher in 2012 for San Patricio County. To read more about David (pictured below), click here. To learn more about the Killam Ranch, click here.
- Episode 7 - New Ground in Collegiate Studies - May 1, 2023 - Don't miss out on this great conversation. Caitlyn Cooper-Norris talks about her work with a NatGLC Mini-grant taking students into the rural-urban interface for ranch tours, and today’s student demographic going into collegiate natural resource studies. Aaron Norris talks virtual fencing and the exciting developments in that area. As an added bonus, there are plenty of links and resources listed in the podcast description for you to learn more!.
- Episode 6 - October 24, 2022 - TXGLC Coastal Prairie Coalition Internship Program - Listen to this episode to hear from some bright young people who participated in the TXGLC Coastal Prairie Coalition summer internship. Learn about the program and its history.
- Episode 5 - August 31, 2022 - Conversation with Julie Mattox - You can find out more information about the Northeast Texas Prairie Community Classroom at netxprairieclassroom.org. Don't forget to check out Prairie Day on September 24th!
- Episode 4 - March 23, 2022 - The Carbon Credit Conversation - Listen in to hear a great conversation featuring Jeff Goodwin, Program Director at Texas A&M Natural Resources Institute, Dr. Bill Fox, Texas A&M AgriLife Research, and Tiffany Dowell Lashmet, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension about carbon credit contracts. Learn about the benefits for your land and potential opportunities to make money.
- Episode 3 - November 27, 2021 - Managing Wildlife Habitat and Grazing Together - Join host Lee Burton as he interviews the manager of MT7 Ranch, Ty Bartoskewitz. Learn more about the ranch and the role grazing plays in wildlife habitat health. Learn more about the MT7 Ranch here.
- Episode 2 - October 21, 2021 - Grazing Land Coalition Partnerships - Hear from Stephen Diebel of Diebel Cattle Company on the benefits of being involved in local grazing coalitions and pursuing leadership opportunities in other organizations. Learn more about Diebel Cattle Company here.
- Episode 1 - September 27, 2021 - Emerging Carbon Markets - Join host Lee Burton as he visits with Anson Howard, a San Antonio-based attorney with Uhl Fitzsimons, discussing the new opportunities for ranchers through emerging carbon markets. Learn more about Uhl Fitzsimons here.